Biology Classes in English
|Section 1||Biochemistry||20 hours|
|Section 2||Metabolic processes||20 hours|
|Section 3||Molecular Genetics||22 hours|
|Section 4||Homeostasis||25 hours|
|Section 5||Population dynamics||21 hours||Final||Final exam||2 hours|
This course allows students to gain in-depth knowledge of the concepts and processes that take place in biological systems. Students will study theory and conduct research in the fields of biochemistry, metabolic processes, molecular genetics, homeostasis, and population dynamics. Emphasis will be placed on obtaining the necessary information and skills to learn more in different areas of life sciences and related fields.
Teachers will bring enthusiasm and a variety of teaching and assessment approaches to the classroom, address the needs of individual students, and provide healthy learning opportunities for each student. The proposed activities should ensure that students apply and apply these concepts to the social, environmental and economic conditions and concerns of the world in which they live. The ability to relate knowledge and skills to this broader context will motivate students to learn meaningfully and become lifelong learners. Teachers will help students understand that solving any problem often takes a lot of time and energy and requires perseverance. Teachers will also encourage students to explore, think, explore alternative solutions, and take the risks necessary for successful problem solving. Effective learning approaches and learning activities use students’ prior knowledge, increase their interest, and promote meaningful experiences both inside and outside the classroom. Students will be able to see the connection between the scientific concepts they have learned and their applications in the world around them and in real life. Importantly, students will have the opportunity to learn in a variety of ways, individually, cooperatively, independently, under teacher guidance, through hands-on experiences and case studies. The approaches and strategies used by teachers will vary according to both the learning object and the needs of the students. Teachers will do this in an online environment using virtual labs, online simulations, animations, videos, discussion forums, live chat, and other interactive objects.
As summarized in Growing Success 2010, the main purpose of assessment and assessment is to improve student learning. The information gathered through assessment helps teachers identify students’ strengths and weaknesses in achieving curriculum expectations in each course.
This information also serves as a guide in adapting teachers ‘curricula and training approaches to students’ needs and in assessing the overall effectiveness of programs and classroom practices. As part of the assessment, teachers provide students with descriptive feedback that guides improvement efforts. Assessment refers to the process of assessing the quality of a student’s work against established criteria and setting a value that will represent that quality. All curriculum expectations should be considered in the instruction, but the assessment is aimed at achieving students’ overall expectations.
Students’ achievement of general expectations is assessed according to their specific expectations. Teachers will use their professional decisions to determine which specific expectations will be used to assess the achievement of general expectations and which will be covered by instruction and assessment, but not necessarily assessed. Teachers need to use assessment and evaluation strategies to ensure that assessment and evaluation is reliable and trustworthy and to lead to improved student learning:
- Review what the students have learned and how well they have learned
- Based on both knowledge and skill categories and descriptions of success levels given in the achievement table
- It is diverse in nature, controlled over time, and designed to provide opportunities for students to demonstrate all levels of learning.
- Appropriate to the learning activities used, learning objectives, and students’ needs and experiences
- Fair for all students
- Place students with special educational needs in accordance with the strategies outlined in the Individual Education Plan
- Meet the needs of students learning the language of instruction
- Make sure each student is given clear directions for development
- Encourage students’ ability to evaluate their own learning and set specific goals
- Include the use of case studies that prove students are successful
- It is clearly communicated to students and parents at the beginning of the school year and at other appropriate points throughout the school year.
The achievement table shows four categories of knowledge and skills. These include; knowledge and understanding, thinking, communication and application. Teachers will ensure that student work is evaluated and / or evaluated in a balanced manner against the four categories, and that the achievement of certain expectations is assessed within the relevant categories. The final grade for this course is recorded, and if the student’s grade is 50% or higher, credit is given and recorded for that course. The final cost of this course will be determined as follows:
- Seventy percent of the grade will be based on assessments made throughout the course. This part of the grade should reflect the student’s most consistent level of achievement throughout the course, although special attention should be paid to newer evidence of achievement.
- 30 percent of the grade will be based on the final grade and will be managed until the end of the course.
The university is at the level of preparation based on the international program of biology. Graduates of this course will receive official grades for success at the university and for additional credit.
To start a biology class, you need to take an exam at CELT College. After taking the exam, the college will decide if the subject is right for you. Make an appointment at the office for the exam.
Upon completion of this course, you receive an official international grade and certificate. You are considered to have passed this subject and the University can release you from this subject and give you credits.
It takes 3-5 months to complete biology in English. It depends more on the student’s ability to start the lesson. After the exam, our education specialist will give you accurate information.