Among the citizens who applied to the Agency for Quality Assurance in Education, the specialties obtained by the diplomas of 385 applicants who studied at the Baku branches of foreign universities operating without a license were not recognized in the country. A significant part of these appeals belongs to the following higher education institutions with branches in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan of the Russian Federation:
- Dagestan State University;
- South Russian Humanitarian Institute;
- St. Petersburg Institute of Foreign Economic Relations and Law;
- Russian State Social University.
It should be noted that only the specialties obtained on the basis of diplomas issued by foreign universities with the following names and licensed branches operating in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan are recognized in our country:
- Moscow State Open University (19.11.2007 – 01.09.2010);
- Moscow Academy of Labor and Social Relations (1999-2005);
- Moscow State University named after V. Lomonosov (since February 27, 2009);
- First Moscow State Medical University named after IM Sechenov (since 15.05.2015).