Those who have pedagogical education in the relevant specialty in educational institutions and specialists with higher education who do not have pedagogical education may be engaged in pedagogical activity in accordance with the procedure established by the body determined by the relevant executive authority.
But who can’t be engaged in pedagogical activity?
In this regard, Article 36-1 of the Law of the Republic of Azerbaijan “On Education” provides:
- those who are prohibited from engaging in pedagogical activities by a court decision that has entered into force;
- persons whose convictions for serious, especially serious crimes have not been overturned or paid;
- persons who have entered into legal court decision on incapacity or limited legal capacity, as well as on the application of compulsory measures of a medical nature;
- persons prohibited from engaging in pedagogical activities due to the diseases specified in the list approved by the body (institution) determined by the relevant executive authority;
- A pedagogical employee whose employment contract has been terminated due to violation of the rules of ethical conduct approved by the body (institution) determined by the relevant executive authority may not engage in pedagogical activity for 1 (one) year.
Specialists with higher education who do not have pedagogical education can also be engaged in pedagogical activities. This is reflected in the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan on the approval of the “Rules for engaging in pedagogical activities.”
Specialists with higher education without pedagogical education are involved in relevant free training courses on pedagogy, psychology and training strategies organized by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan, depending on their basic education. The time, place, duration and other conditions of the training courses are determined by the ministry and posted on the official website of the institution.
It should be noted that the ministry issues certificates to those who complete the training courses.